Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Rain? What rain? Marty Magone goes fishing no matter what

Marty with a 5-lb., 2-oz. largemouth from Lake Gaston.
From the shores of Virginia's Lake Gaston comes word that my friend Marty Magone decided to go bass fishing in the middle of a monsoon-like rain Tuesday morning. The man doesn't know when to say "I quit" no matter what the weather is like.

"I had a decent day, considering the skies dumped more than a few inches of water on me.," he said. "The pattern seems to be crankbaits in the Baby Bass color, worked in and around small coves in Great Creek. This 5-pound, 2-ounce Gaston bass made my morning. The water temperature was 50 degrees." One thing is for sure, we could use a prolonged warm spell that would bust open the bass fishing for everybody.

Fishing in the rain. Marty doesn't mind it one bit.





That's what is so good about Marty.  When I said, "Brother, I need a bass picture for the web site," he went to work and delivered the goods.

1 comment:

  1. I would say he is a Real Fisherman..

    ReplyDelete